Head inland to visit Slemish, Broughshane, or the town of Ballymena (all between 15-30 minutes away by car). Attractions here include:
- Slemish Mountain—climb in the historic footsteps of St. Patrick (yes, the St. Patrick)…legend has it he herded sheep here after being captured by raiders.
- Halfway House—a pub near Slemish offering excellent lunch and dinner on the weekends.
- Ballymena Golf Club—an 18-hole golf course and club, founded in 1903.
- Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort —treat yourself to a luxurious day at this award-winning spa hotel. Galgorm boasts multiple restaurants and bars on site, a relaxing thermal village, and variety of spa treatments.
- Galgorm Castle—visit an estate that dates back to 1607, where you can play golf at a Championship course, look for fairies on the Fairy Trail, or enjoy a walk through the castle grounds.
- Ballymena also has a cinema and indoor leisure complex for a bit of rainy day entertainment!